(Sioux City, Iowa area)
1. Have you made your garden pollinator friendly? Register it at pollinator.org/mpgcmap/register# to be counted! You can give your space a name and description, and even share a photo. Let’s get some more red dots on the map!
2. The Lawn to Wildflowers project is working to build a basic understanding of what factors prevent people from planting wildflowers. Please help by completing this short survey:
3. Fall is a great time to visit a prairie. Please make note of these events later this month:
Thursday, Sept. 27 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.: Seed n’ Feed at Bill & Dotty Zales, 15384 North Ridge Road, Westfield, IA. Seed collecting party will start at 2 p.m., with a light dinner for the seed harvesters at 5:30 p.m. Bring clippers, garden gloves and water. RSVP to 712.540.0952. RAIN DATE: Friday, September 28 – Please call to confirm if in doubt about whether the rain date will be needed.
4. Mark your calendars for Loess Hills Wild One programs at 2 p.m. on the second Sundays of October and November!
5. Wild Ones household memberships start at just $40 with the proceeds supporting education about native plants as well as the activities of your local chapter, the Loess Hills Wild Ones. Join at wildones.org/membership.html .